It's almost 2 and I'm still awake (which is usual), but I'm kind of surprised, since I was so tired when I woke up at 9.
I just went back and proofread my last blog (a lot of hours later), and I found one major error. Oddly, it was in the title. I had written "they" instead of "thy." whoops.
Another problem was when I was talking about Ike, and said, "Ike could tell you more about them--he met Rick Warren (they're related, trust me)." I don't mean that Ike and Rick Warren are related, but that the two statments are related. I guess I should explain. The reason that Ike knows about the little green signs on campus is because he is the Student Body president for next year. The reason that he met Rick Warren is because they both were at the same conference, and the only reason Ike was there is because of his presidency.
Great, now I'm writing blogs that are about my friends' stories and not my own. I guess that's good. I think a negative part of myspace is the way it can make it look like the blogger/profile owner is concerned primarily with themself (I almost wrote "himself" or "him or herself," but I've been reading up on the tNIV translation, so I am very aware of the benefits and drawbacks to the various alternatives in gender inclusive third person singular language). Anyway...by telling my friends' stories, maybe that whole egotistical side of myspace will fade away.
Well...moving right along, the real reason for writing this blog is because I forgot to mention that I had U2's "Pride (In the Name of Love)" stuck in my head all day because the third verse goes, "Early morning April 4/ shot rings out/through Memphis sky," talking about MLK's shooting. Bono is aware of the fact that he screwed up and MLK was actually shot in the afternoon. But, nonetheless, I had the song stuck in my head all day. that's all.
I hope that changed your life.
What's pathetic is that I haven't done any homework since I woke up. I learned a little about the pros and cons (actually I learned a lot) of the TNIV translation. I listened to the new Passion: Everything Glorious CD, which has some cool songs, but I don't like the showiness of it. I understand it and relate, but I think it's going to turn off most Christians to the Passion movement, which is too bad. I also read up on my beloved Giants and our dear troubled friend, Mr. Barry Bonds. I guess he put up a billboard next to the ballpark that said "Trade Barry." The media was making a big deal about it, but it was his April Fools' Joke and an ad campaign thing for Topps trading cards (they put up a new sign about Topps). I think that was pure marketing ingenuity. Bonds was probably trying to approach the whole situation lightheartedly, which must be hard with all the negative press he's getting. I don't know how I would respond in his shoes. If he was aware of his steroid use, then I wouldn't have put myself in his shoes anyway.
To all you big-time baseball fans who are going to give me crap about Bonds, I have one word: Grace. You're not perfect either.
OK, that's it. I don't think I've ever written a sports blog before, but I may have alluded to the steroid scandal. Anyway, that's really all for now.
One month to Cinco de Mayo! (not that I care...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment