Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Update on the tree farm

I've posted a few blogs about how my little backyard tree farm is doing (Here's the first post). To be honest, my green thumb has been hiding for a few months, as I haven't watered my plants or even had to mow the field at church for awhile. It's great having a lot of volunteers to help out there. I'm sure I'll be involved with that stuff in the future, but the weeds aren't growing too fast right now.

I figured I better post some last 2009 pictures though, since I'm sure my trees are about to lose their leaves/die due to the cold weather coming.

As usual, you can click on the pictures and see bigger versions.




This shot has the Avocado, the Silver Maple (the smallest one), and both Japanese Maples that I dug up at my parents' house in March or April.


And that last shot is of the Japanese Maple I dug up at my grandparents' house over the summer. It was dead, but came back. The dead leaves ended up getting a little bit green again, but those are the leaves that are currently reddish. Oddly, the other Japanese Maples around here are pretty much leafless, but my baby trees are still just starting to experience fall.

No comments: