I just finished eating a delicious sandwich. Who knew that you could put ham, chicken, and salami on the same sandwich? Add a little avocado and mixed greens, and you have Josh's new favorite midnight snack.
Anyway, today I had an interesting experience. A few days ago, my friends Larry and Krista were staying in my room here at my parent's house, so I was sleeping in my sister's room. Before Larry and Krista left, we went on my computer to try to get directions. It took about 10 minutes to load up google maps.
A side note: I love all things google, so I definitely prefer google maps to mapquest. It's the best! (see 'Lazy Sunday' from SNL)
I found out the networking cable from the hub at the back of the house to my room at the front of the house had gone bad. So today, my dad and I installed a new one. This involved me crawling from one end of the house to the other in about 2 feet of clearance space between the saturated, muddy ground and the bottom of the house.
It is hard work trying to stay low, and when you have 8 or 9 pounds of mud on each foot, and 5 pounds on each hand, it is really hard to manuever over pipes and under ducts.
I realized what the soldiers in the days of trench warfare must have gone through. They too had to stay low to keep the bullets from hitting them. The mud on them probably made it hard to move quickly, and it's just a miserable time.
By the time I got to the back of the house, I also felt like I'd done about 40 pushups (not exaggerating). Right now, I still feel kind of like that, but I also feel like I backpacked about 4 miles (also not an exaggeration).
So I think I will start a business crawling under peoples' homes because I will get in really good shape. And that will have flexible enough hours to partner with my graphic design/video stuff I've been doing to compliment my income at church.
If only I enjoyed being muddy....
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
a comfortable bed for sure....
hmm. seems i remember doing somehting like that. to your very room. yeah, and you called me a sissy for being tired. now you know. and yes, i remember that. it was forever ago, but now i get to lord it over you! :)
Post a Comment