Saturday, June 07, 2008

Joshiani

Back in February, I got to see my friends, Larry and Krista Lain and their 2 kids, Averiana and Eli. The Lains are moving to Mongolia soon as development workers with CAMA.

I knew the Lains from when we lived in Redding and were both going to the Stirring. And, then I got to go to New Orleans and Baton Rouge with them for a week, and then work with them after they moved there. They worked with the FEMA villages and the evacuees from Hurricane Katrina.

Apparently, sometime in the last few years, Averi has decided that my name is now "Joshiani," which is a combination of "Josh" and "Ratiani."

So, when I found all that out, I told Julie about it, and she said, "Oh, my name will be Juliani!"

That was especially funny because Rudy Giuliani was still running for president at the time. We didn't really share the new nickname, since we weren't publicizing yet that we had decided to get married. It's a funny nickname for Julie, so I thought I should share it with the world now that the world knows she will soon be Julie Ratiani. She's most likely the only "Juliani" in the whole world.

No comments: