Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yellow Submarine

In the time that Julie and I have been dating, the majority of our days have been spent miles apart. We were long distance starting about 2 weeks into our relationship, and ending under a month ago.

So we talked on the phone.... a lot.

Sometime around January, Julie started something new when we were multi-tasking. When you're having a 2 or 3 hour conversation on a daily basis, you often have to do other things while talking (yes I am justifying my multi-tasking). When I multi-task, I tend to leave long pauses in the conversation. So, to fill the blank, she would start whistling.

For some reason, she would always whistle "Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. Now, 5 months later, I hear the song "Yellow Submarine" on average more than once a day. It's still usually while we're on the phone.

The other day I was on the phone and laying in bed after I should have gotten up. She started whistling. I got up right away. That song is far more annoying than an alarm clock, and while I might hit snooze on my clock, there is no way I would just hang up on Julie. I guess I will have to take her on a yellow submarine sometime.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I like the last part about taking me on a yellow submarine someday...Espana? yes?
:)