Monday, March 23, 2009

God Provides: a lesson in perfect timing.

I'm losing my job at the print shop. I can't go into details yet, and I may not ever on this blog, but it looks like the very longest I will still be employed at the print shop is the end of May. Most likely it will be sooner. It's not based on my performance. It's not based on the economy really. It's based on my bosses' decision to do something else with their own lives and the fact that I work at a small business.

The good news is that God provides. Just last week, Julie and I found out we didn't owe $1200 on our taxes as I'd anticipated. Instead, we're getting $300 back from the US Government, and almost $200 from the state governments of Utah and California. This enabled us to get out of credit card debt.

So we have enough, even though I just got a pay cut at church, and I'm losing my second job.

We have enough. That's all we need.

I know God honors our obedience to Him. I know He provides for us when we care for the poor. Keep reading the story about Will and Kim. I think God has used my obedience to shape my story.

No comments: