Every once in awhile I have a dream that I actually remember for a few hours. Sometimes they're meaningful, and sometimes they're weird. This one was more weird, but not that weird.
I dreamed that I was in Costco with my mom and dad and siblings and my wife. I decided to go look at the clothes. They were displayed a little nicer than usual in Costco. I found a couple things I wanted, but then I found Julie and she pointed out that I had already spent my clothes budget for the month. By the way, I have not bought any new clothes in over a year, but I have suddenly been wanting to again.
So, we headed towards the exit. The exit looked a lot more like Home Depot mixed with Barnes & Noble. There were stacks of books. I found one for a movie we had just seen. The last movie we saw in real life was (500) Days of Summer, and in the dream, I thought that was the book I was looking at, but then I realized the book was The Time Traveler's Wife, which I haven't seen. Apparently in my dream I was confused.
The book was like a coffee-table book--really big hardcover. But, the words weren't that big. So I couldn't figure out how they made it so big.
The book also said the copyright for the book was the year 2625. That made me think that the book was written in the future and brought back by the Time Traveler. Just as I was contemplating the intricacies of time travel and how a fiction book could influence its reality within a store, I woke up.
I don't know why I'm so able to remember the details of this dream. It's not especially weird, and I don't see anything I could possibly learn from this.
Last night I looked at Relevant Magazine's movie guide, and I remember seeing "The Time Traveler's Wife" on the page. That's probably why it was in my dream.
Weird stuff. I guess I'm treating this as a "control experiment" for future dreams. I know how most of the scenarios got into my head. In the future, I'm sure I won't.
Now I'm listening to Imogen Heap's new CD Ellipse, which I like more than her previous CDs so far. Mostly I think her melodies have improved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment