Saturday, November 26, 2005

MySpace blog: second half of that blog...work please!!!

I memorized Lamentations 3:19-24. It’s a powerful section and I am going to cling to it.

I remember my affliction and my wandering
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them
and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind

and therfore I have hope:

Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed,

for his compassions never fail

They are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "the Lord is my portion."
Therefore, I will wait for Him.

I think it says a lot that it’s OK to remember your hard times and let your soul be downcast, but turn to the LORD, and let Him be your portion. I almost wrote potion. Sweet, dude. Potion.

I changed a lot of my pictures because there were a few occasions for picture-taking this month. A few of those pictures are from Thanksgiving Day, with my family. I love them so much! But, they’re not the only people I’d give my life for. I think there are about 40 people I’d take a bullet for. I think I’ll make a little list someday.

I love kids, so I’m really thankful for my cousin Emily, who is 4. On Thanksgiving Day, I was helping her with some homework from her preschool. She’s just learning how to write, and it’s the sweetest thing ever. She has a Disney Princesses backpack, and my Aunt asked me which of the Princesses was my favorite. Usually I wouldn’t have an answer, but the night before, I strangely had a dream that I was Aladdin. Specifically that I was Aladdin from the Disney movie. So, of course, I said Jasmine was my favorite princess! Thanks for providing me with a timely answer, God!

My mom is Asian, and my Aunt is Hispanic, so when we have Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas dinner with my Dad’s side of the family, it’s a lot of fun, because we sit at the table of diversity! Someone in my family needs to marry someone who’s black, and another person needs to marry someone who is Native American, and then when we have our holidays, it will be like the United Nations. So, if you’re a black or native American girl who also has the perfect personality for me, please inquire within. Just kidding. I mean, maybe, but….aw, crap. I’m just going to quit while I’m ahead. I mean, I’m just going to quit since I’m so far behind that I should just quit.

I love sweaters.

I’m really happy right now. I’m not sure why. Oh crap, I’ve had some tea sitting in some water for about 45 minutes. Dang it.

Peet’s Gunpowder Tea tastes a bit like tobacco. Or gunpowder. Seriously. It’s a green tea. If you want to try it, come visit me, and I’ll give you some. Or, if you’re not one of the 40 people I’d die for, I’ll just let you sniff it, and move on. I want to write a dance song called “Sniff it and Move,” but that sounds like it would be drug-related.

I want to learn to play the harmonica. I want to learn to play the mandolin well enough that I can play Italian love songs for someone someday. If you’re a guy that can handle it, maybe I’ll play them for you! I want to learn to play the lap steel guitar. I want to learn to play the banjo—not that much, but maybe someday.

My life is like a book. God’s writing my story. Someday, He might write you into a bigger role. Someday, He’ll write in some new characters. Someday, He’ll write a love story. Someday, He’ll write in some serious conflicts. Someday, He’ll write in a resolution, and I’ll meet the Author and Finisher of my faith. Right now, I’m really excited about the next chapter and eagerly anticipating. I suppose that’s the reason for the happiness.

I listened to Damien Rice, Sigur Ros, Jack Johnson, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, and Hot Hot Heat while I wrote this.

But I was wearing my Switchfoot shirt. They’re about to be on TV (Leno). I don’t know why, but I also want to say I am wearing my clogs. Now I’m laughing at myself.

I posted this 7 times, then it finally worked. Then, it erased everything after the first verse of Lamentations, and included the last word of the blog, which was "ridiculous," so it looked like I was saying the verse was ridiculous, which I was not saying at all. Anyway, I ended up listening to the Switchfoot CD while I re-posted this. They were really good on Leno.

Currently listening :
Nothing Is Sound
By Switchfoot
Release date: 13 September, 2005

No comments: