Last week I went to my sister Lauren's graduation from Azusa Pacific University. On the way down to LA, I got to go camping with my amazing girlfriend Julie and awesome brother Andrew. I guess I am using adjectives for people right now.
We spent one night in Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, and one night at Morro Bay State Park. We also visited Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, Limekiln State Park, Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, and some place with 1200 elephant seals (I forget the exact number, but it was something like that).
It was a great trip. We saw 3 waterfalls, including one that goes straight into the ocean. And, I think I saw a California Condor, but I'm not sure. Here are some pictures. These are the ones that I think are the most popular on facebook so far, and some that I just think are too cool to pass up.
By the way, don't use these without my permission. I was lazy and didn't watermark them, but still. Don't do it. It's illegal.
Look, but don't take!
First is a picture of Andrew in front of McWay Falls, which goes straight into the ocean. Then, there is a picture of Limekiln Creek, then one of Morro Rock in Morro Bay (the 3 pillars on the right are smokestacks for a huge powerplant--to give you a size comparison for the rock).
Here are some from Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, where we stayed the first night. The first one I was inside a tree that was missing its entire middle at the bottom. The second one is called "Fern Gully." I loved that movie in second grade.

Next, we have a weird license plate we saw, a picture of Julie and I at the Falls, and a picture of the cove where the falls was (in real colors, so you can see how almost tropical the water was there--this was north of San Luis Obispo, and it still looked like the tropics).


This next one was pretty fun to take, the one after that is of the elephant seals molting. I like it for some reason. The one after that is of a house in Morro Bay. I love how the editing came out on that one. I might post a whole blog of different versions of that picture.


Here are some cool ones also from Morro Bay: Julie in the trees, a boat I liked

Here are some more boats I liked, and Morro Rock at Sunset:

I highly edited these (well, pretty much just contrast on the first one and vibrance on the second one), but the texture and color are very cool on both, i think. They both are from Morro Rock.

I'll post some grad pictures next.
All images copyright 2008 by Josh Ratiani. Do not use without permission.
2 comments:
Great photos josh! .. i really love the house one and the 2nd boat photos!... amazing. keep it up!
love the art work...you should eat a quesadilla (sp) for a celebration!
Post a Comment