Saturday, May 24, 2008

Competition



Julie and I have an ongoing joke that I can't beat her at anything. It started before we were dating, when we were both working at Alliance Redwoods. Actually, I already liked her, but she didn't know yet. We found out that we both liked playing foosball and that neither of us ever lost. So we played foosball. She beat me. We've probably played 20 foosball games, and I've only won 3 times. Once was in a best of 3, so I still lost the match, and the other times were in a best of 5, so again, I still lost.

I haven't even tried playing soccer or basketball with her. There's no question she would beat me, since she played those in HS and/or college.

My team did beat her team in water polo at ARCG last year, but we weren't dating yet. I need to get her back in the water. I'm pretty good in the water.

She beats me at video games.

One time in South Africa, we were playing 3 flies up with our friends, and she punched me in the sternum so I wouldn't catch the ball. It hurt so bad, I fell on the ground and rolled around.

She caught the ball.

So we have this ongoing joke that I never win. It's not really a joke. It's more like a fact.

A week and a half ago, we went mini-golfing. I have never been golfing (real golf) in my entire life. Julie's family goes pretty often. I figured she would kill me at mini golf.

I won. She almost came back and beat me at the end, but I held on and won.

So when I saw Garfield this morning, it made me laugh. Oh that's another thing about me and Julie--both of us actually read the comics. Weird.


2 comments:

the lains said...

dude, this is CRAZY funny!
theLains

Julie said...

healthy competition, thats what I like to call it.

Speaking of...foosball rematch...wednesday. you, me, and the little men.

"You are the champion!"