Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sick

I'm sick. I've had 3 colds in 4 weeks. The second one started just as the first was ending. So, I was sick for 2 weeks in a row. I know they were separate because my doctor showed me a chart outlining when you get which symptoms during a cold. You can only get a fever at the beginning of a cold, and not as it is ending. So, I had these back-to-back colds, then got better.

Then, for a week (last week), I had a sinus headache, but no cold. On Tuesday night, I wrote a blog, and then went to bed. I barely slept at all. I was cold and achy all night. I had a fever.

So Wednesday and Thursday, I stayed home, hoping to beat the cold/flu this time for good. Now my throat is all inflamed and I keep getting all kinds of phlegm.

I'm sick of being sick.

Next week I have to go to Phoenix for the Christian & Missionary Alliance's New Official Worker's Forum. It's basically an orientation for all the people who were licensed recently. It will be fun (my first business trip ever), but I hate flying while sick, and it will also be my first time away from Julie since we got married.

Unrelated note: I got the Fiction Family CD. It's a collaboration between Jon Foreman (Switchfoot) and Sean Watkins (Nickel Creek). I like everything Jon Foreman does (because I actually like his songwriting and arrangements), so I'm probably not a fair reviewer, but I love the album. It's very experimental for a mostly folk album.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Josh,

Hey, my name is Jeff and I'm an Alliance worker elsewhere. I hope you get to feeling better and have a great time at the NOW forum next week.

Take care,
Jeff
W/ the CMA in Kosovo