- Got Married
- Went to Mexico on my honeymoon
- Saw wild monkeys
- Saw a bunch of ancient cities (including one of the 7 wonders of the world--Chichen Itza)
- Got engaged
- Traveled a lot (especially flying)
- Started the year in Salt Lake City
- Went to Arches National Park
- Saw a bunch of dinosaur stuff in Utah
- Had my first overnight stay in a hospital
- Got my first IV
- Had my first CT scan
- Had my first surgery
- Had appendicitis
- Killed a gopher with a broom
- Stepped on another gopher to kill it
- Went to Big Sur
- Learned html
I can't think of anything else major. It is good to look back right now and evaluate what major things I did. Comparing it to other recent years, it was both less eventful and more eventful. In '05, I spent the first significant chunk of time away from home. In '06 I graduated college, went on my first, second, and third missions' trips, and went out of the country for the first time and did all kinds of cool stuff like see elephants in the wild and bungee jump off the tallest bungee jump in the world and see the Rosetta Stone and Big Ben. In '07 I started dating Julie, went to South Africa again, and got to see Washington D.C. for the first time.
I may have not traveled as far this year, but I think for the most part, I did just as many international-flavored things and took as many trips as any of those other years. I didn't jump off any bridges or work at camp or go climbing much, but I did get married, and that is a little better.
I have some ideas of fun milestone-type things I want to do this year with Julie, but I'm not going to share them, in case I don't get around to doing any of them.
And I doubt we will travel as much, since that is expensive and we have real jobs now. Not to mention, a big reason for traveling this year was to see each other when we lived in different states. But we have a few potential trips in mind that we would like to take, so we'll see if anything notable happens as far as traveling goes.
1 comment:
have you deleted your myspace yet? Blogging is a much better fit for people like you and I...
p.s. I get married June 6th...... her name is Julie.. can't go wrong with a Julie right?
Post a Comment