Monday, September 19, 2005

MySpace blog: a deep blog again

I know a lot of you hate that i don't write deep stuff anymore, so I'm going to announce a deep blog! Go read Ike's. They're always thought-provoking.

OK, now to my normal weekly song update.

Kindness, Unashamed Love

How Great Thou Art, How Great is Our God, Nothing but the Blood, Breathe, Worthy

One Thing, I will not Forget You, Everything that Has Breath.


The Stirring was pretty freaking good last night. Nate and I both were really amazed by ourselves. I mean....

Actually a lot of people really liked it, and as far as the aspect of a service being a product for consumption (which, be it a negative or insignificant, is true), came through as a rather good product last night. Of course, the only reason it was good to consume is because we weren't just creating and selling a product, but we fully believe that we're doing something of significance that God is behind. And, there was some fruit last night.

i didn't do any homework all weekend, so now I'm doing it between classes today. I have to work later. I really wish I didn't have to work here anymore. I like my job, but I'd rather not do it. I'd rather try beating another nintendo game or do homework or hike or go discing or go for a walk. I really want to go for a walk right now. I'm going for a walk tomorrow. crap, i have to work tomorrow too. OK, I'm going for a walk on Wednesday afternoon.

I realized that going on a walk is like casual hiking. You don't need a whole day, you don't have to be in shape, you don't need the proper equipment, and your butt and lower back feel fine afterwards. Also, you don't have to wear crappy clothes or worry about smelling all sweaty afterwards.

In Redding, at least, where there are many places to walk, you don't lose all the benefits of hiking, either. You still get to be near water and trees and flowers, and you can still see the mountains and clouds and sky. You interact with God's creatures as you share the path with them. Lema Ranch and the River trail are pretty pretty. That sounds funny to say, which is why I wrote it. I went on a lot of walks last spring, but I didn't have a job, and I never had class on Tuesday and Thursday, so things were a lot different. Actually, I think my ministry practicum class was at 1 PM on tuesday every other week, but I don't remember.

Last night, we had a worship team meeting, in which about 10 or 15 girls showed up to maybe sing or something. So, I'm a little worried about how I'm going to handle the situation, because I know I'm going to do something stupid; also, I know there are going to be people who are less talented singers than others, and I believe that God has gifted certain people in certain ways for a reason, so it's not just a matter of sounding good for each other, but of putting the right people in the right place in the body of Christ for His glory and the edification of each other. That was a long sentence. If you remember to, pray for wisdom, leadership, and authority as I proceed with the team.

Time to do some reading before I go to my class. yeeha!

clarification on the music portion: I'm listening to the Saint-Saens part--the Carnival of the animals. The piece entitled "Aquarium" is a nice little impressionist thing that is on a lot of movies and I really like to listen to it, because it's so good and mellowing. It's only 2:24 long, so I listen to it over and over.

Currently listening :
Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf / Saint-Saens: Carnival of the Animals/ Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
By Prokofiev
Release date: 17 August, 1999

No comments: