Thursday, September 01, 2005

MySpace blog: More than blogs.

I wrote a song last night, but what I'm really excited about is that we're going to play a song that I wrote. We had practice tonight for about an hour and we got down this song which I wrote over a long period of time. I'm just going to put up the file with all the chords on it, because I want to go to bed. If you're coming to the stirring this week, read the words and learn them.

The Love of a Holy King
Amaj7 A6 Amaj7 E B
To the Maker of all things, To the King above all Kings
To the One who stays the same, We sing.

For the blood that made us clean, For the way You set us free
We were blind, but now we see, So we sing

C#m B/D# A
You’re so amazing
My God, You’re beautiful
Simply captivating
O Lord, You’re wonderful

E
And You spread out the Stars
E/G# A
What a marvel You are
C#m B
O, God of the heavens
F#m E/G# A
You’re the One who made all things

And You came full of grace,
and You call me by name
What an intimate Savior,
You’re the lover of my soul


To the One that we adore, To the Lover, King, and Lord
We will praise You ever more And we sing

You're the Name above all Names And your love will never change
You are worthy to be praised So we sing


C#m B/D# B A
The love of a Holy King robed in Majesty
The love of a Holy King --what a mystery that
The love of a Holy King dwells inside of me
C#m B A
God of Mystery



Most of the chords were written in the back of my truck on a warm, sunny April day during sunset. the words were written suddenly while driving home after the 04-05 school year. written while driving! The Chorus written (on the mandolin!--ironically, it is very loud and rock-y) as I watched a thunderstorm at 12:30 in the morning. Bridge words written in the middle of Lake Shastina Resort during the Summer 05 home group leader retreat and the chords were added when I got back to the lodge. Serious editing was done on 8.31.05 in the wee hours of the morning, and some was done tonight after practice.
out.

No comments: