Friday, August 04, 2006

Myspace blog: Is going a 2-syllable word?


I'm going home in a little while.  I'm sitting in the airport again, during a 4-hour layover. 
I just read the comments on my haiku blog.  Jenn says that one of my lines was six syllables, not five.  It had the wordgoing in it, which I guess can be pronounced with either one or two syllables.  I usually pronounce it as one.  But I think both are valid.  So this is a survey, how do you say "going?"

Speaking of which, there are signs all over Kauai that say "Do not go beyond railing."  These signs are next to cliffs.  So, I thought it sounded like it was telling you to pee on your own side of the railing.  Only because of all the weird places guys pee when in outdoors settings (e.g. on signs, in the middle of the street).  Some of you know what I'm talking about, and which instances I'm referring to. 
Well, I'm ready to be home.  The rest of my family isn't really, but I am.  I took 900+ pictures.  I was running out of space on my memory card, so i got a 1 GB card for our 3 days in Kauai.  I took 724 pictures (and there were more that I deleted).  I'll probably post a lot of them in the days to come. 
Aloha a hui ho (until we meet again)

No comments: