Such a variety of things to write about today...
I had 2 finals yesterday-Isaiah (went well) and Cultural Anthropology (Got a B, probably getting an A in the class). Then, I got starbucks last night around 9:30, and since I always get Americanos, and I am very affected by caffeine, I stayed up till 3:30 on myspace reading about all of your lives... Ha Ha HA. i guess the last ha is louder or something, or it's just a typo that i don't want to fix.
This morning, my friend Kenny woke me up to let me know that one of the professors here, Dr. Campbell, died this morning. He had a recurrence of cancer the last 4 or 5 weeks, and we were all surprised that he hung on as long as he did. I am so glad to know that he is in a better place, where he is experiencing the complete healing (a type of the shalom wholeness) of God. I only had him for one class two years ago, but I was really looking forward to having him for 2 classes next semester, so that's a bummer. I pray that his family is ok through all of this.
It reminds me of my two teachers who died in high school. My junior year, my physics teacher died 2 weeks before school got out. I was shocked. He had a heart attack, and he was really the first non-Christian I knew who died, and I felt so bad that I had not led him to Christ, knowing that he is going to spend eternity apart from God. Then, my Senior year, my freshman Spanish teacher died. He, on the other hand, was a man of God who I knew I would see again. Death is so strange, but it's part of God's plan.
I know there wouldn't have been cancer before the Fall, but I think it is actually a good thing that there is cancer, because it has so many implications for our lives. I guess God is teaching me to find Him in everything from a cup of coffee to cancer. From the beauty of the ocean to a tsunami that kills thousands. From man's God-given ability to CREATE steel tubes that fly thousands of miles, to man's ability to warp those machines into destructive weapons. From the joy of newborn ducklings (at simpson) to the tension of taking a final, but getting to formulate new thoughts of God in the process.
PS--I put up new pics, I think you can actually tell i'm 1/2 asian in a few (the first pics ever to reveal this?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment