Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Myspace blog: Abridged Thoughts

God has been showing me a lot recently. I'm reluctant to write it because it is so much that I could probably write over 50 pages. I voluntarily (not for school) wrote a 7 page single-spaced paper just on evangelism on Sunday, and I did it in 2 hours, so I left a lot out. He's been showing me that we're all sinners. We don't deserve to have any people in our lives, because people are made in the image of God. So, each person is given to us by the grace of God. I need to treasure each person I know, no matter how well I know them. Even people who just drive past me on the road are a gift from God. Just knowing I'm not alone in my own world is a blessing. I treasure each person in my life now, including you, friend. (I like to say friend at the end of sentences, it makes me feel like an old baptist preacher).

On sunday I realized that I've literally forgotten to stop breathing while thinking about some girl, but never with God. I asked God to take my breath away and make me only His. It's weird, but the next day, I was in class, feeling the desire to just be with Him, so i came back to my room and sang for awhile. First with a cd, as I was drawn to my knees, hands outstretched, weeping and calling out for my "daddy." I've never called God "daddy" until then. Then, I played and sang for almost an hour. I ended up laying on my bed just thinking about God. I like to think while speaking to myself, so I was whispering to God. Then I realized that I had forgotten to breathe. I cried again and smiled as I realized that God had taken my breath away, just like I'd asked the day before. I guess the best way to say it is that I loved God before, but He captured my heart this week. It's been so cool. I think that if I had been Adam, Eve never would have been made, because I think God is a suitable helper, especially when we encounter Him in such a real way. so, the human race would have just been me.

No comments: