I tried to post this twice yesterday and once just now, but when you bump the back button or if Myspace has an error, it gets erased.
A Couple weeks ago, I wrote a paper for the Stirring (the church I'm a part of). It was 7 pages single-spaced on evangelism. It wasn't required, but I had a lot to say on the topic, as God had been showing me a lot. I felt that some of the things I had to say might be a little divisive, but I really felt God telling me to say them.
Well, one of the things I wrote about was Isaiah 6. Our leaders Nathan and Jeff ended up talking on this passage on Sunday night. I don't know if my paper was at all in their minds when they spoke, but I thought it might be, and I got proud in a bad way.
God did some amazing stuff that night. People are different now. One girl accepted Christ. Now I see that God orchestrated it, and I can take no credit. I'm so glad and humbled that He used me in the sense that the stuff He spoke through me may have brought the passage back to the minds of Jeff and Nate.
Also, the only reason I was writing was that we were trying to be intentional about evangelism. Immediately, because we were being intentional, and because we set God as the center of this process, He honored it and came through.
In somewhat unrelated events, we just had an awesome time of sharing what God is doing in our lives at my home group. All this stuff came out that showed that by sharing the deep issues in life, we can build each other up. I guess that's a big reason for all this blogging I've been doing recently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment