My sister, Lauren, has had this program on her computer for awhile that is called Post-It Software Notes.
It allows you to put “post-its” on your computer desktop.
So I just got it last week, and it is a pretty cool thing.
One implication of this new friend is that I no longer have to blog on things as soon as they come to mind.
I just write myself a note, so that I will have all the things I want to write about ready to go at once.
This should cut down on the number of days that I blog multiple times.
Eric really doesn’t like it when I do that.
Well, Mr. Whiner, you don’t
have to read my blogs.
I know you’ll just be confused if you skip blogs, and I always tell you to read the blog so I don’t have to repeat a long story, but you could just live in ignorance.
But, I will try to appease you.
Yesterday, a bunch of people were over at Dr. Larsen’s house, because Kevin Hood is housesitting. Eric and David were playing soccer and Eric looked not all there, so we decided to make a really cruel documentary called, “Eric: The Road to the Special Olympics.” After some thought, we realized that we could do this with anyone if we had clips of them looking awkward in some sports. But this is not nice to the real special Olympics athletes (whom I have a lot of respect for, because they could probably beat skinny little me at many sports). So, the video will probably join all the rest of my videos in the place where videos that never get made go. What???? I don’t know what that was about. Sorry. I just got a bunch of tapes for my camera, so my videos should start being made sometime soon.
One of the best parts of Dr. Larsen’s house is a sign that his son put on the bathroom door. It reads: The Male Bathroom. One part of the sign says: “Imagine a world with just one Sex—Male. A world where Female didn’t exist.” Oh, I’ve imagined that before, and trust me, you can spend hours imagining such a world and the real world will continue to be bisexual (I use that word in a different way than it is usually used).
In fact, toward the end of the last semester, the 12 of us who hung out for most meals last year came up with an imaginary world. There are 3 islands that do not communicate. One is an Island of all men, another an island of all women (the Greek Island of Lesbos—I’m not kidding, it was a real place and that’s where the word comes from), and another island that is mixed, but exists only for procreation. The 3rd island has immortal human beings that only produce babies and send them to the right island. We discussed what would happen on these islands. Would the people become homosexual? What would happen if someone of the other sex appeared on the island—would a war start? Would the person be worshiped as a deity? Would they be killed for being some kind of freak. We “visited” this land for many days and pondered the implications of a world with 3 unique islands.
Another great thing that was on the sign was, “imagine a world with 3 sexes.” We talked last night about the implications of this world. Would it take one of each sex to reproduce? Would there be three options for most things instead of just 2? For instance, would the options not be “yes” and “no,” but “yes,” “no,” and “sixbe?” I just made up a word by hitting random keys. Thankfully, it was pronounceable. Pronounceable is a real word, but sixbe isn’t.
In other news, I went to the PFB today, like I said I would. I got there at 1:53, so I got to see the shadow as it was exactly on the marker for 2 PM. And it was exactly 2 PM. Wow, big shocker there. But, I discovered that the best time to go to the bridge in the day is approximately 2 PM, because then the cables are making a series of vertical shadows on the sundial. It looks striped. That’s right, people, it looks like a one-syllable word.
OK—there’s something else I want to write, but I forget what it was, since I didn’t put it on my post it. Oh well.
This is an amazing story that i found right after I first posted this blog.
 | Currently listening : Our Love Is Loud By Passion Worship Band Release date: 09 April, 2002 |
No comments:
Post a Comment