Wednesday, June 29, 2005

MySpace Blog: random bits on the last few days.

Towards the end of last week, I made my font bigger, but now you'll all probably think my blogs are even longer than they are. Oh well.

so, not much notable has happened, but I always feel like I'm failing people when I don't blog.

Sunday night I led worship, as I already mentioned. Nate preached on being generous, and at the end, he used the word "half-assed," if that's one word. It might be two if you take the hyphen out. I'm not really sure, since I don't use the word myself (Can one do something "whole-assed"ly? That would definitely be 3 syllables--british style). I think he was praying when he said that. Surprisingly, no one laughed really loud; I looked up from my guitar, smiling. Also, surprisingly, I managed to lead worship just fine after that. People were just as able to worship as if he hadn't said it. Maybe they were even more eager for God because he used the term to express the seriousness of the need for us to be fully committed in generosity. I actually thought it was a good idea. Just as Jesus' stories in the gospels were offensive and about giving, Nate's word was. Ezekiel 20 is the most offensive passage in the Bible, and is connected to Ezekiel 16, which says that Sodom was destroyed for not giving to the poor. God is passionate about generosity and is willing to cuss you out about it.

I was thrown off a bit earlier on in the night when we started worship after singing happy birthday to someone. I always try to tie in to what's going on. I had a great segueway, but I thought it was cheesy, so I didn't say anything. The first song was "Wonderful Maker," and the first verse is about God as the Creator, so that ties in with the idea of birthdays. But I chickened out.

Yesterday, I finally went to the lake. Ike and I were there from 5:45ish to 7, but we didn't find a good spot until a little after 6. I came back and realized I didn't have any food, so I went to Safeway. Safeway is sooo much nicer than FoodMaxx. Obviously it's also nicer than Winco, because I don't even go to Winco. In 3 years, I only went to the old winco 3 times, and twice were in the last 3 months. That's a lot of 3s. I'm going to see if I can stay out of the new Winco for a long time.

Today I worked, cleaned my room (it's about time!) and went to Starbucks to meet with Jeremy. We also went to Hallmark to buy birthday cards for a couple people in our home group. Worship team practice didn't happen, because Nate is out of town, so I'm not leading this week.

I came back and picked out 15 worship songs for the Stirring team that we've either recently learned or I think we should learn. I put them on CDs for everyone and wrote up 4 pages on my vision for the team and a little bit about the songs. Hopefully Nate lets me do something with it.

Currently listening :
Facedown
By Matt Redman
Release date: 15 June, 2004

No comments: