Thursday, June 16, 2005

MySpace Blog: itching to know

I'm still itching all over. I remembered last night that my entire body has been itchy for the last few weeks. duh. So it's not lice. Maybe it's fleas. I'm really hoping it's an allergy to my soap, so i need to get new soap and find out. I'm "itching to know" what the problem is.

Last night I woke up soaked in sweat. I hate that. I was all wrapped up in all of my sheets and comforter. It was so bad that I grabbed a paper towel to sleep on. Yeah, that's right...one paper towel. Just for where my back was on the sheets, cause that feels the grossest. I woke up about two hours later, and the bed was still moist under the towel. sick. I usually shower at night, but I had to shower this morning, too.

Before I say anything else, you should know that I sleep on the bottom bunk of a bunk bed. When I woke up the third time, I was having a dream that a friend or someone was being attacked--I don't really remember, so someone told me to kick the bad guy, so I did. The problem was that I was starting to wake up as I did it. I kicked the bottom of the top bunk as hard as I could, smacking my toe on the bed, and causing me to think I had broken it. I tried to move it, but it was numb, so I kept trying. I ended up falling back asleep. My alarm woke me up for real.

I'm just posting a lot of blogs because I passed 300 blog views in a week for the first time this week, and that happened on wednesday. this should put me over 400.

Not really. I figured out that if you read someone's blog, then post a comment on it, it shows up that you viewed it between 3 and 7 times, so those numbers are highly exaggerated. At least, that's what happened a few times. For example, when I posted a blog the other night and Rachael read it and posted on it within 5 minutes, the number of blog views increased by 6. Probably 3 were hers, and 3 were mine after I viewed it each time I edited it.

I've been working on the Stirring group page and I am now having problems changing the font on its name. The same problem I had on my own page. I even am asking the staff at MySpace to tell me which part of the code needs to be changed to affect the title, because apparently "nametext" is not the right one.

It's raining and I like the rain. I like certain bands in the rain. Mostly the artsier stuff, and not the poppier stuff. Crowder, Coldplay, Copeland (a "C" conspiracy?), Switchfoot's Learning to Breathe album, Lovedrug, and now the Myriad are all great rainy day CDs. Actually, the Postal Service is too for some reason. I haven't listened to that for awhile, so I'm going to put it on. Now it's on.

I'm going on a retreat tomorrow through Sunday, so that should be fun and relaxing, although we probably won't get to go outside much because it's right next to Mt. Shasta, and since it's raining this weekend, it will be cold and wet. Also, there have been 3 decent to major earthquakes in California already this week. A 5.2 in Riverside on Sunday, a 7.0 off the Crescent City coast on Wednesday, and a 4.9 in San Bernardino County today. Maybe Shasta is going to erupt when we're right next to it. We'll be on the North face (ha, brand-dropping) of the mountain, so our escape to the rest of California would be cut off. We would be forced to flee to .......dum dum dum (spooky music)... OREGON.

Every time I go to Lassen or Shasta, I secretly hope they erupt, with just enough time to flee. Why? Close calls make great stories. Not having any exciting happenings makes for a boring life. But if your life gets really exciting, you die--then you can't tell the story. I tend to bring my video camera along, too, in hopes that I have rare footage of the eruption, which I can sell at an enormous rate to the Associated Press, launching my journalistic career and early retirement all at once.

Ah...my beloved Giants finally managed to win two games in a row for the first time in 3 weeks. I will have to celebrate by going to bed before 2 am for the first time all week. I'm going to go buy some new soap now. My itchy self wants it.

Oh, but first, I need to say, I did my two favorite summer activities today. I went to the bank and had pizza (hey it's thursday, I always have pizza on thursday).

Currently listening :
Give Up
By The Postal Service
Release date: 18 February, 2003

No comments: