I wrote this on the way to Switchfoot, while wrestling my thoughts and a headache, and looking out the backseat window in Rachael's car at a flock of birds flying through the hazy sky of an afternoon during rice harvesting season in the Central Valley.
Flocks
A flock of birds,
A flock of thoughts
One thought turns
Another follows
Against the walls of the mind.
Harder and harder the wings pound.
Confusion.
Chaos abounds.
One thought moves another.
Each one knows its place.
Each one guides the next.
Order.
The beating abounds.
I'm pretty confused today, and I thought that re-reading what I wrote yesterday would help, but it didn't. I wrote some other poems yesterday, which i hadn't ever done, but most of them are just for me, so you won't be seeing them.
Currently Listening to Le Bleu by Justin King. They don't have his stuff on here because he just got signed, but he is going to be famous one day. He's an acoustic guitar maestro, and is a great singer/songwriter too. Check out justinking.com. I'm listening to some instrumental guitar stuff, which is great for my confused mood and the overcast day that i am loving.
**3:45 PM edit**
Thanks to blogging, journaling, and talking to my dad, I am less confused. I realize that I'm super emotional because I don't sleep enough. I'm still a little confused, and gloomy.
No comments:
Post a Comment