I know I've been whining about being sick all week, but I just tried singing really high, and I can actually sing higher right now than I've been able to since my voice changed. I really hope I am able to still hit those notes when I get better. So, if being sick meant there would be a permanent change in my range, then it's been worth it.
There's a cool spiritual truth wrapped up in this all regarding sickness, healing, and what exactly is God's purpose for our lives (including why The Purpose Driven Life is only half of the truth). I'm going to not talk about that here, because not everyone is going to like it unless I take a lot of time to explain it, and I'm tired of writing theology for a non-academic community at this point, so sorry, my myspace friends, I will have to keep you in the dark as to what is going on in my mind :). If you want a hint, read my favorite book, Ecclesiastes, and focus on the end when it talks about the meaning of life. I would definitely suggest reading it in one sitting, or you might be depressed for awhile, if you are prone to that sort of thing.
One more "bright side"
Daylight Savings Time ends tonight. That means an extra hour of sleep, and an extra hour of weekend!
Make sure set your clock back.
Last "bright side"
I had to listen to "Mr. Brightside" right now, even though it's not the most godly song.
| Currently listening : Hot Fuss By The Killers Release date: 15 June, 2004 |
No comments:
Post a Comment