Yesterday, I was mowing the field here at church. It's about 3 or 4 acres of mixed grasses and wildflowers. Like most of Sonoma County, we have a ton of mustard growing right now. That just makes me think about the parable of the mustard seed so much. I'll blog about that sometime in the next few days (in a kind of devotional/Bible study sort of way).
I was mowing the field and everything smelled like onions to me. I figured it must just be the mustard. But then, I thought of all the little patches of bluish-green grass that I've seen that grow completely vertically. So the next time I saw one, I got off the mower and smelled this "grass." Sure enough, it's onions.
In this picture, my thumb is pointing toward some onions, and my pointer is pointing toward some very small mustard that probably just sprouted in the last 2 or 3 days.
I think they're green onions. They smell great. Except when you end up smelling them all day from handling them. Maybe we will grow an onion patch.
Mark West Neighborhood Onion Patch.
2 comments:
Is mowing the lawn part of your job?
Not technically. I just do it from time to time to keep the church looking nice.
I've also found it to be really helpful in helping me understand the parables better. Weird, but true.
Post a Comment