Saturday, February 07, 2009

Tourette's Syndrome

The other day, I was at work (at the printshop). My boss Mike told me that the guy I was making a business card for has tourette's syndrome, so don't be surprised when he comes in.

A few hours later, he came by, and he seems like a really nice guy who has this disorder. I'm going to skip a lot of the details. He called my bosses (Mike and Bonnie) some swear words (not intentionally, because that's just the way it is with tourette's).

He tried to stifle it and keep it under his breath. But, I could tell he was saying "pig. pig. pig," whenever he saw me.

I'm glad I'm just a pig and not something worse.

I feel sorry too that people have to deal with tourette's syndrome.

Jackson and I were talking last night about the distinction between demonic oppression and mental disorders and disabilities. How can we tell which is merely caused by the human psyche and the fallen condition of man and what is caused by demons?

No comments: