I bought 2 new CDs this week.
On Monday night, I bought the new Mat Kearney album. Every once in awhile, I know that an album is coming out (on a Tuesday, as most albums do), and I go on iTunes a little after 9 pm on Monday to see if they're out yet (because it's already Tuesday on the East Coast). So I did that.
The CD is really great. The guy knows how to write a catchy tune, and I liked his use of programming a lot.
Then, on Wednesday or Thursday, I heard about the band Paper Route. I wish I'd known about them sooner. They just put out their first full-length album and it's amazing. Ambient meets electronica, but still definitely pop-py enough to be enjoyable. It's the perfect blend of dissonance and smoothness. I also like their use of programming a lot.
I'm even more motivated to get back into programming sweet beats in Reason.
Hillsong United is putting out a new CD this coming Tuesday, so I'm sure I'll have a bunch of new worship songs to be learning.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment