This past year, I've actually gotten to the point where I like a whole night of TV on one channel. Wednesdays on ABC has been pretty great.
I've been a "Scrubs" fan for awhile, but this was the first time I watched new episodes. Then, they had a new show "Better off Ted," which was pretty funny--kind of like the Office, but less annoying. And, next was my favorite show, "Lost."
Well, last Wednesday, I watched the series finale of Scrubs. As my favorite comedy, I was sad that it was ending, and hopeful that it would be a happy ending. I loved how that show always had depth despite its humor.
I almost cried at the end. I couldn't believe it. But I guess that shows the power of good story-telling, and the power of time spent immersing yourself in the story.
I managed to get Julie to start watching Lost this year, and since she was at youth group last night, I agreed to wait to watch the finale. So we just watched it online tonight.
Wow, that was incredible. I love the way that Lost combines philosophy, science, religion (including elements of Christianity), science fiction, good character development (including serious flaws), and all sorts of influences. It's definitely a thinking man's show.
I've been reading some theories about the last episode, and they're so in-depth. Most likely, the creators of the show are doing even crazier things than people are guessing, with historical, literary references.
I'm excited about the last season of it that starts next year. I'm going to try to re-watch the entire show before January. I think we'll have to average about 3 episodes a week in order to pull it off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment