I don't do surveys. Unless they're on guys' profiles and I'm pretending to be gay. I've noticed that a bunch of my friends are sending around the same one. So, as I was looking at them, I thought of the old hymn, "When I survey the wondrous cross." I wonder how the word "survey" came to mean "a series of questions" along with "to look." They're related, but still...
I think I may have to try to sing that song (it's a little on the high side) just so I can sing it for leading worship in honor of all the myspace people who go to the stirring.
I probably just eternally ruined the song for someone. Oh well. If you only knew all the funny little things I've come up with with various friends about worship songs over the years.
Tonight's sunset was rather splendid. Since everyone likes that pond picture I took in January, I put up a similar one that I took tonight. It's a different angle, but has the same tree in it. It's in the pictures section. Here are a few others. Oh yeah, these were taken at school.
That's right after sunset. If I was a meteorologist, I could tell you what kinds of clouds those were, so I wish I was a meteorologist. This picture isn't as cool when you have to shrink it down to about 1/5th the size so you can post it. Notice that I have zero ability to line a picture up so that the horizon is actually horizontal. Once again, my plans to compile panoramas were thwarted by my poor judgment of what a level picture is.
My favorite place on campus--the bench.
I really like the cloud in that one. It looks like a bird or maybe a bird's skeleton. The thought reminded me of the case for Intelligent Design, that is one of the stronger evidences of a sovereign God, who created the world.
I don't know if anyone has ever seen "the Eye of God," a picture taken of a nebula or something in deep space that looks just like a human eye. When you see it, you know it's not a coincidence, and that there has to be a God. Here, I found it. It's actually a helix nebula, which is described by astronomers as "a trillion-mile-long tunnel of glowing gases."
That's a big eye.
| Currently listening : The Joshua Tree By U2 Release date: 15 June, 1990 |
No comments:
Post a Comment