I saw King Kong last night. It was intense. I've made a lot of jokes about the word "intense" recently. You know, about camping? (In Tents). Last week, I saw a shirt that said "camping is intense," and then my friend Joel made the same joke. I really don't know Joel all that well, so I probably shouldn't have told him that I didn't think his joke was very funny. I told him that I had just heard that joke recently, so it was funny, but he just so happened to tell the joke at the wrong time.
What I did next was even worse, as I basically made the same joke 3 times in 3 days with different groups of people. They all found it amusing, but I felt bad for Joel, because I didn't laugh when he told it.
Anyway, King Kong was intense. Since a lot of it was filmed in jungles, maybe there actually was some camping going on, so maybe it was also in tents. I liked it, but it was pretty much the creepiest movie I've ever watched. I've never watched a horror movie (and I'm probably not ever going to), so thrillers are what I like for the suspense. The bugs and gross animals were crazy.
This is my first ever movie review, but that wasn't what I was intending to write.
The reason I mention the movie, is that it reminded me that I love the clothes of the 1930s. So, right now, I've been looking at old Sears catalogs from the 1930s online. The coats are amazing. I noticed that our current warm, winter clothes aren't all that different from those of the depression.
I wrote all that at work at the front desk. The rest is coming from the coffee shop on my lunch break. First ever coffee shop blog:
The peacoats and jackets are so awesome. The men's pants and shoes and women's hats are definitely the inspiration for a lot of what people are wearing these days, but the originals look better, for some reason.
I'm staring out the window at the rain falling all over Simpson's empty campus, and imagining what it would look like if that was snow falling (oh, it snowed again on Saturday, at around 11 AM and then again around 1 PM, but nothing stuck). I'm imagining that there are people here and they all are dressed like they're from the 1930s. That would be incredible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay for another person that doesn't like horror movies! Or at least hasn't watched one. I personally hate them and I hate watching them. If I could give you kudos, I would. It is quite rare to find people who don't watch horror movies.
A friend told me not to go see that movie because it gave her nightmares for three days. I am heeding her warning because I can't watch scary movies usually because I, too, have nightmares for days afterwards.
Anyway, what I really wanted to comment on was your liking 1930s clothing. I too, LOVE the 1930s/40s style clothing. Mostly the 1940s America-in-WW2 era clothing. In case you haven't noticed, I add small touches to my outfits that are inspired by that era and also my hairstyle is similar (purposely) to what the gals did back then.
We should have a 1930s/40s dress-up day at work. That would be fun!
Post a Comment