But first, I needed to go to the Eureka Way Starbucks and visit my friend James, because I told him I'd stop by, and I just felt like it. So, seeing as it was the first day of December, I thought I'd put down my windows. I was going to say "roll," but you don't really roll down electronic windows. I can't even remember what they're called, but I'm pretty sure the word I'm looking for isn't "electronic." I still haven't written my paper. crap.
5 minutes later: Powered Windows! I remember!
Anyway, I lowered my windows and drove across Redding in the cold chill of a December night (it's not too bad tonight--upper 40s, but damp and really windy), staying warm by beanie, gloves, and scarf, of course. I guess I wasn't really warm, but it was quite fun.
So, I visited James, got some green tea, and just drove around downtown, making up songs really loudly with the windows down. The songs I thought up were mostly about making up songs really loudly with the windows down while driving downtown on a cold December night. It might turn into the other part of a song I half wrote 10 months ago about my friendship with my sister, since it's about what I did on the night of her birthday when I was hundreds of miles away from her. I'll mess with it tomorrow, and see what happens.
Anyway, try it sometime: Drive around your local downtown with the windows down on a cold night, and sing songs loud enough for any passing vagrant to think that you are crazy. It's delicious
.________________________
Currently I'm listening to a podcast of the guys from XXXChurch interviewing one of the guys who made the movie "Invisible Children." Really interesting.
I've gotten really into Podcasts the last 2 days. I stayed up until 3 listening to some last night, and I don't even own an ipod.
Oh, the "swear word of the day" is "Sarcophagus." I only say that because I'm about to use it.
Sarcophagus! I just discovered that it is not supposed to snow again next Monday. Yesterday, they were predicting that it would snow. Holy Mormon Underwear!
One more thing. Everyone download Mozilla Firefox. If you use Windows, then Firefox is way better than Explorer, and I hear from Mac users that it is the superior web browser for Macs.
The biggest reason for all you myspace people to do that is because you can block ads! Just right-click on the slutty ads, and hit "block images," and you'll never see that specific ad again. It takes awhile to block all the dirty myspace ads, but it's worth it!
Also, Firefox blocks spyware and there are all kinds of cool extras to it. And a new version just came out, so I guess now is a good time for me to plug it.
No comments:
Post a Comment