Friday, December 16, 2005

MySpace blog: !@.$%^%$.@.$%@!!!!!

For some reason I have really wanted to swear a lot recently. I haven't, but I think I just mostly want to do different, expressive things because of the fact that the weirdest 4 weeks of my life have just passed.

Remember that blog where I stayed up all night and did random things? I had a very similar experience 2 nights ago. I had another paper due for that same class on Thursday, and I went to Starbucks and worked on it from 8-9 PM. I got a couple pages done, and figured I was being productive, so I could come back and work. It didn't happen.

Between 9 PM and 5:30 AM, I wrote 2 sentences.
I ended up deleting those sentences when I finished the paper the next day.

I read a lot of news online. Ike and Eric were in my room for a couple hours. I cut my hair again. I listened to Transatlanticism (Death Cab) 3 or 4 times, and I got really sick of it. I took a shower. I made a sandwich and ate it. I don't really remember what order stuff happened in, but I do remember that I didn't do any homework.

I slept for 4 hours, went to class, went to work. Then, I had dinner with 15 other people at Thai cafe. Then I went to the first Stirring Creative Team meeting, which was good, I thought. I ended up at Patrick and Bethany's house until around 11:30.

I went to In-N-Out on the way home, and when I got back, ended up in a car with 4 other people, and then I ate my burger in Winco. I went to bed at 2 AM and slept until 2 PM.

I woke up thinking that God had done a miracle while I slept. I could see clearly! For the first time in years, I didn't need contacts to see.

Then, I realized my contacts were in. Somehow, even though I've worn contacts for 8 or 9 years, I went to bed with them in. I vaguely remember doing the same thing a few years ago, but I'm not totally sure.

So, I got up, researched in-ear monitors, because I want some for the worship team, went to Costco in hopes of finding Christmas presents. I ended up buying a polish sausage to eat, and that's it.

Then I came back to school, and kicked a soccer ball around in Eric's room. Then I started my laundry.
Then I started listening to Muse
Then I wrote this blog.

Tonight, I'm going to eat at Burrito Bandito
I might go see King Kong.
My sister is going to be in town tonight, so I'm going to hang out with her and her friends around 11, when they get in town.

At some point before noon tomorrow, I need to clean my room. Of course, that has been the plan ever since I got back from Thanksgiving break.

But, I've spent so many hours doing nothing (reading online, mostly) over the last 3 weeks (the moment-by-moment style of this blog hopefully shows you exactly how unproductive I have become), that I have just wanted to be really expressive. That's the root of the desire to swear. I also want to play electric guitar at full volume, which is unlikely to happen over the next month (Acoustic set at the Stirring this week!). I guess that's also why I felt like listening to Muse right now.
I could also go for throwing a bunch of paint at a canvas or a car right now. Four-wheelin' would be alright. Bungie jumping might be good too.

Pretty much anything BIG would be a lot of fun.

KARATE EXPLOSION.


Oh, also, for some reason, my guitar callouses have gotten gross for the first time ever over the last 3 days. My callouses were always a few layers under the surface, so my fingers didn't look like I play guitar. I've been playing for almost 7? years (all I remember is that I started in December). Finally, they get gross. Maybe because I played ukulele the other night!

Currently listening :
Absolution
By Muse
Release date: 23 March, 2004

No comments: