
We finally ran out of bulletins at church. Since we have a really cool 2-sided printer, we decided to print our own so that we can change the cover whenever we want. So it's my job now to design logos for the front covers.
This was my first project ever in Adobe Illustrator besides homework for my illustrator class. I wanted to just steal a stained glass image, but there aren't really any great resurrection ones and it's illegal to use other people's pictures anyway (we just had a whole hour devoted to copyrights in class, so I'm pretty aware of copyright issues in print/web media right now--there is a lot of false information out there, too).
So, I took a little inspiration from this real stained glass window. But, I did something quite different. It took a little playing with the filters to get it just right.
I was going for a half-stained glass/half-vector logo look. So, I think I achieved it. I am mostly writing this for my own good so that a few years from now, I can look back at my first ever "commercial" project in Illustrator and smile at how bad it is.
4 comments:
thank you for posting it. It looks awesome!
it looks pretty good man.. i can't wait to see the others.
I love this.. simple. classic. yet... fresh. very nice josh. so, i was catching up on your blog and just for the record (so i dont have to post twice) Baja Fresh is seriously good food.. i am tempted to move away from redding just because we dont have one.
oh yah.. this is jeremy.. my wife used the computer last and i didnt realize she logged in.. so. just pretend... k?. hehe. so much for consolidating two comments into one. . GOSH!
Post a Comment