Today I've seen some conflict resolution in action. My family went to Starbucks and ran into a family that went to our church over 10 years ago, and left for a pretty insignificant reason that blew up into a very significant, hurtful situation.
But now, after time and healing, they even said that they might stop by our church (although they are involved in another one in the area). It's cool that God uses our issues and inaccuracies and weird ideas to get us where he wants us, and then heals the rifts in the body.
Recently, I've had a pretty serious conflict with someone who is pretty close to me that will remain nameless. It's been over a theological issue that really impacts how we live, and I've tried to handle the situation as biblically as I can see how to. Although I haven't seen full resolution, I'm beginning to see how God is using my words and the situation that took place to shape the other person.
I've also been shaped as I've learned that sometimes it hurts to speak the truth, and even speaking the truth in love (Eph. 5:17) won't always be well-received. I've also learned that you can't try to be unoffensive when you're firmly convicted about the truth.
I acknowledge that no one can be perfect in dealing with any situation, and I don't claim to be 100% tactful and a perfect communicator, so God is showing me the limits of human communication once more.
Although that conflict has not yet been resolved, I'm beginning to see hope, and I'm excited about it. Unlike the other situation that's now resolving 10 years later, this one is taking a mere month.
That is teaching me about healing. I always talk about this, but once more, we must expect healing on God's terms, at God's time. We must expect to hear God's voice on His terms, at His time.
It doesn't matter what the situation is. Emotional, relational, physical healing all will come when God has used the hurt to bring Him as much glory as He can get out of it, and to shape us into being like Him as much as He can.
I feel quite encouraged. (Which is good, since Julie went back to Utah today, and that makes me sad :( ).
Monday, March 24, 2008
Resolving conflicts
Labels:
conflict,
encouragement,
God,
God's voice,
healing,
Julie,
theology,
timing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment