Wednesday, April 02, 2008

3 years

It's been 3 years.

3 years since I read Blue Like Jazz
3 years since I watched Louie Giglio's sermon on the How Great Is Our God Passion CD
3 years since I stopped living in my own strength and started living in His strength
3 years since my "dark night of the soul"
3 years since I started writing for fun
3 years since I started leading worship
3 years since I started blogging like a maniac

Yesterday I read Galatians. In chapters 1-2 Paul tells his life story. He talks about how after he encountered Jesus and was enveloped in His grace, Paul went into the desert of Arabia for 3 years. Then he returned and began to preach.

I realized minutes after I read that passage that it had been 3 years since I first came to live from that same grace. I cite April 2005 as my "crisis of sanctification"--as the moment where I began to live in the power of the Holy Spirit.

I saw my personality change. I saw new gifts develop in me. I started blogging.

I feel like now that it's been 3 years, I have a little bit of a handle on my life's cause. I am not God, and I don't claim to know most of what is going on in my life. But, I think I have a small understanding now.

No comments: