Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recent Reading

Lately I've been reading The Chronicles of Narnia. For a little bit I was reading one a day. I haven't read them since I was around 12 years old, I'd guess. Of course it's easy to pick out the Christian allegories, but there are some great quotes I've found recently about little nuances of our relationship with God that C.S. Lewis worked in there. I've been writing them all in my journal, so that I can see them someday and use them as analogies. Maybe I will put them in a blog in the next weeks.

It's good to read the book right before the movie comes out, too. I bought the copy that I'm reading out of right after the first movie came out, since they were selling the whole set in one volume for $12 or something like that at Costco.

It's also fun to be reading fiction for the first time in a long time.

But none of that is as fun as the fact that I will be seeing Julie in 16 1/2 hours! I keep on writing exact countdown amounts. Sorry for everyone else. I'm just really excited.

Other random things:

1. Check out Jon Foreman's EPs if you haven't yet. I just listened to the Spring one. It's amazing.

2. I am going camping in Big Sur next week.

3. I am going to be in Redding on Saturday, but only for a few hours. And I probably won't get to see very many people. I'll be back in June.

4. I am supposed to have a video done for Camp South Africa by Sunday. I haven't started. I am leaving for Sacramento tomorrow around noon, and not coming home until Saturday night. So I need to whip something together. I have right now and Sat. night to do it.

5. I am a hockey fan. And I am a San Jose Sharks fan. And the Sharks won their playoff series. And I am happy abooot that, eh.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have never read the Chronicles of Narnia. Maybe one day. I'm assuming you're going to graduation, maybe I'll see you.