This is the first one of my real-time updates I've done from the computer and not my cell phone. Earlier tonight, I was home alone for about an hour and a half (6:30 to 8). I was supposed to take more Vicodin around 7 pm, but I had decided that my pain was probably manageable without it and that I would rather take Ibuprofen since it would reduce swelling and fevers and not cause any more constipation like the Vicodin does.
I hadn't eaten anything, because continually putting more food in the digestive tract when nothing is coming out doesn't feel so great.
Around 7:40, I got the shakes and chills really badly. I took my temperature, and it was 99.7. Then I started shivering so badly that it became hard to breathe and hard to walk (to get some ibuprofen). I called my mom while I was shaking. I was really scared. She came home from helping out with Youth Group. I ended up with a 101.7 degree fever (at least that was the highest temp I measured). I ate a little, and took those 2 ibuprofens, and I think that fixed me up pretty well. Our neighbor Joe, who is an EMT, came and checked on me too.
Then, I finally was able to use the bathroom, so I took a shower right afterwards. Somehow, even though I was being very gentle, my incision (which is glued, not stapled or stitched), started oozing blood. It had oozed a little the first day, but it oozed a lot more than it has so far. It doesn't look very good (the blood dried on the Steri-strips), but I think it's fine.
Also, the area where the tortilla-ripping sensation was last night is now constantly weird feeling. I think either my intestine is moving around a lot due to the void left by removing tissue from my body (Joe's suggestion) or my intestine can now tell when stuff is moving through it really well, so I am conscious of stuff moving through my digestive tract that usually goes unnoticed. It's like a little checkpoint in the track.
I ate a little bit of dinner, and right now I'm feeling alright (besides the weird spot). I also haven't taken any vicodin lately, and I think the ibuprofen is going to be enough, thankfully.
One of my theories is that I was having withdrawals from the Vicodin, even though I haven't been on it for that long or in high doses, but maybe I get addicted easily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment