For three years, I have been making a big deal about how medical healing is a miracle that is more difficult than supernatural, miraculous healing. I really am glad I feel that way. Knowing that makes me so much more comfortable, knowing that when surgeons work on us, God is at work as well, using his amazingly created humans, who have created methods and learned how to implement them to save lives.
I told Julie on Monday night that if I lived in another part of the world or maybe if I was born 200 years earlier, I would have died right around my 24th birthday (which is this Friday), and right before I get married (3 months exactly after my birthday).
Isn't that crazy to think about. On Tuesday afternoon I wasn't feeling very good, and I told God, "I don't want to die. Julie would be devastated."
On Tuesday night, when I was in the throes of fever, I told God, "I hurt so much, I want to die. I want to come home."
It's weird, because we so often have this mentality that we don't want to die until we get married. Kids always think that, and I've always felt that way. In January, through hearing Francis Chan at the Passion conference and a number of other things, I surrendered that area of my life to God, saying that He can use and end my life whenever He wants, even if it is right before I get married.
So, through my sickness I was brought back to that point. But I also felt that there was no way I would die without one more time proclaiming that modern medical healing is a miracle that God deserves a lot of praise and thanks for. Now I can say that from logic and experience.
I don't think I'm going to die anymore. I feel a lot better. Not perfect yet, but a lot better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment