I just was walking inside from driving Julie home to her apartment in the ghetto. I looked up at the sky, and I saw a bunch of stars.
Normally that's not such a big deal, but since the sky has been full of smoke or at least somewhat hazy for a few weeks, it was really cool to look up and see deep black and sparkling white.
The smoke has cleared.
I always enjoy looking up at the stars on a night following a storm. There's something about seeing the crisp stars after experiencing the rain. Maybe the air feels cooler from the humidity. Or maybe it's the fact that I've been staring at a gray ceiling of clouds all day, and to finally have some contrast above me is refreshing. It feels a lot like that now.
The smoke has cleared metaphorically speaking on my licensing process for the Christian and Missionary Alliance. I had my interview on Wednesday in Woodland, and it went well. I am now a licensed pastor. Doug, my future-father-in-law, was one of the people who interviewed me. That made it more interesting for me, as I had no idea if he would go harder on me or easier. I think he probably was about the same as usual.
My sister made a funky omelette. It now smells like food, which is making me quite hungry.
Thursday, July 03, 2008
The smoke clears
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congratulations on being licensed!
Post a Comment