Sunday, May 22, 2005

Myspace blog: A long day

Yesterday was long. Except that I didn't get out of bed until 2:20. I went and saw Star Wars last night, then we hung out at In-N-Out for awhile. I also had not slept in for about a month.

Cherish and Richard got married at 3. I got there almost on time, but weddings start late, so my lateness wasn't even an issue. It was the first time i've been to any of my peers' weddings. I've been to a lot of weddings, but they were always for people who were older than me. Usually I'd go with my dad if he was performing the wedding. I even got paid to run sound once--that was fun. You know what's funny about weddings is that usually they play Bach's "Air on the G string" when the Groom walks in. That's so funny--think about it, you'll get it. We guitar players make lots of G-string jokes, because it is the most frequently broken string when you're playing.

I've got a number of ideas on what does and doesn't work at weddings. But my dad says that when I get married I'll have to keep them to myself, because it is the day that brides plan for their whole lives.

I was thinking about that (getting married someday) while at the wedding and realized how glad I am that I'm single. I don't want to get married for awhile. They say that when your friends start getting married, you start to feel left out and want to get married. Well, for me, it makes me enjoy being single all the more. that's a good thing.

After the wedding, I went to the concert in the park called portal that I thought was last week. I saw 2 1/2 songs from the Myriad. Join that with the 1/2 song I saw last night, and well, I'm not very punctual. Oh well. It was fun to see people, even if I missed the band I wanted to see. Afterwards, a bunch of us went to Red Robin for a couple hours and a smaller group went to Starbucks for an hour and a half. Levi, Matt, and I talked about how it's good to be single for a couple minutes. I guess that was the theme for my day.

Also, Melissa and Levi asked me if I'm addicted to blogging. Of course I am. But you're all reading it (my blogs have been read 743 times--199 times this week!--and my profile has only been viewed 779 times), so i'll keep writing about my life.

I posted some more pictures recently, so you can check them out. They're nothing special, except i like the blurry one I took of no people. that was fun. As you can see from my pictures, I own far too many black and brown shirts (I think I have 5 or 6 brown shirts, for some reason).

Dang myspace doesn't even have a picture for the Format. I didn't even want to listen to this cd right now (it's too country for 2 in the morning). I just did it so I wouldn't have to post that I was listening to the same band as two blogs ago. I try to show off my wide collection of CD's and I can't. I guess that's what I get for trying to be cool.

No comments: