Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Myspace blog: Cool Runnings

Tonight, we went to take my friend Ike’s car to the shop. We had to take it down to the end of Shasta View, to a guy who volunteered to help Ike fix his car, which has been out of service for 5 or 6 months. The problem is that it overheats really fast, so we could only go about 2/3 of the way before we had to stop.

After it cooled off for awhile, we went another mile or so, then we had to stop again. I decided that we should push the car through a neighborhood parallel to Shasta View. So, David and I started running with the car in front of us.

My legs are sore now.

It was raining, so the cold air and pushing the vehicle felt a lot like bobsledding. I tried, but I couldn’t remember the little cadence that is in Cool Runnings (you know, “feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme/vibe”… I forget, still). Eric pushed the car with his car for a short distance, too. We got it through that neighborhood and drove to the next, where we were going to push it some more, then a guy with a truck volunteered to pull it for us, which was less fun, but a lot easier.

Ike stayed to fix his car, and the other 3 of us went over to Patrick and Bethany’s for pizza and a movie. I had called Patrick at our first stop to let Ike’s car cool off. That was at 6:15, and we didn’t get to Patrick and Bethany’s until 7:40, so we were out pushing and waiting for a long time, but it was fun, and probably good for us. Except my leg is still sore.

No comments: