Don't you hate it when you post something really long, then accidentally delete it all?
I just did that
I'm living here at simpson, working for enrollment services. I love my office job, because it was 80 degrees yesterday morning and cold and rainy today. I thought data entry would be boring when it came to repetition, but it isn't really. Today we had to throw out all the fliers/flyers (i think both are correct, if you're half british) for Genesis weekend (simpson's spring visitation weekend for new students). we threw out 1500-2000 of them, which all have a picture of some guy's butt with a map of redding in the back pocket. That guy would be me. at first, when I got the picture taken last fall, I was really nervous, but now I'm proud of the fact that I am the face of Simpson University. Well, maybe not the face. But, prospective Simpsonites around the nation received my backside in their mailbox, and I feel like I have done something incredibly manly, but immature--the college guy's dream.
The weather is weird. Yesterday reminded me a lot of Hawaii--raining, but still warm enough to not wear a jacket. we stood outside in the rain in the deserted parking lot at 10 PM. Warm rain is so good. Cold rain in the warm air is almost as good, and that's what we had last night.
I had to move out of my room and move back in, so I could rearrange it with my new roommate Chris (who used to live next door). Then, when I got back in, they had turned off my internet access, so I had to re-up that, but my cable is busted, so I have had no internet, and thus no Myspace. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I did not have any withdrawals.
Living here feels a lot like camping, because there are a bunch of people living around me who I have to share a kitchen with. Like the way you have to share a bathroom, faucets, and showers with people at campgrounds. And everyone's going to bed early because most of them have to work at 7:30 AM (I don't start until 9:30 MUAHAHA). But, that means I have free time at night, so redding people, call me or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment