Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MySpace blog: despisation, blog groups, and bears, oh my!

I wanted to write a blog called "despisation." So, that's what the first part of this blog is.

Despisation
is despisation a word?

These are a few of my least favorite things:
*when people are on myspace for "dating" or "serious relationships"
*bulletins on myspace that say "new blog!"
*girls who don't shut up. I don't mind if you are quiet sometimes and loud most of the time, though you're not my type. But, if you're loud all the time....grrr
*dry contacts
*waking up early
*waking up before 3 PM
*that i look so much younger w/o facial hair
*when people burp and I don't feel like hearing/smelling it. I'm much more lenient for guys. Rarely do I want to hear some girl burp. Also, the longer I've known you, the less annoying your uncalled for burping is.
*breathing in people's burps
*coffee breath
*whenever the word "no" is repeated. "no no." AHHH!!!! or "n-n-n-n-no." you sound so ridiculous and cocky when you talk like that. What makes you think you're absolutely correct? What gives you the right to be all condescending? Why am I directing these complaints at my readers?
*taxation without representation

that's all for now, here's some stuff on blog groups:

If you scroll down a little and look to the right, you'll find a little blog group I started with some of my friends who's writing i most enjoy. I only invited the people whose blogs are thought provoking and/or literally "laugh-out-loud" funny. yeah, I know I hate the term, but if used correctly and tastefully, I can handle it. Also, these people have to have good grammar/spelling for the most part and have well-written blogs in general. so far 3 of us are in the group and 2 more have been invited. so, click on "next" to check out Trevor's blog, which happens to have a lot more details on what I'm about to say.

Raccoons. OK, now I can't figure out if i meant to put rickie or ricky or rockie or rocky. what the heck. I'll just make it "rotund." So, from now on, my last blog will be entitled "rotund raccoon." I think I'm misspelling raccoon now, but i don't care, I'm already in "people who write good." Anyway, there is now a raccoon trap right outside my room to catch the masked mammal. I had a number of thoughts regarding the trap, but apparently Trevor thought of the same things and posted a blog first. So read his blog. Like I already said, just click "next" under blog group. He also has some amusing thoughts on the coon that I didn't think of.

Along those lines, it's time to speak of bears.

I've seen my fair share of bears in my life. In zoos and.... zoos. I had never seen a bear in the wild until one fateful day in July of 2005 (that day being today). First, let me set the stage. We had an office lake day today. I got to go to the lake at 2ish instead of sitting behind my computer. I was there for 3 hours or so. I swam a lot. I went across the part of the lake we were in and back without stopping. around 10 minutes later, I swam to a rope with buoys and sat on it for awhile, then swam back. I can't really convey the distance, but if you ever go to Brandy Creek with me, ask me to point it out, if you care. I was so tired and my arms were killing me. So, I sat in the water. We found some big rocks and were throwing them, and I decided to pick one up and push with my legs as I threw, to get it as high out of the water as I could (about 5 feet). These rocks were about 18" long, 5" across, and 2" thick. They were heavy. As I threw the rock, my leg froze and I was engulfed with leg pain. My right calf cramped and stayed cramped for a long time. In fact, it still hurts.

I couldn't really swim anymore, but later, I hopped on a blow-up raft and paddled out a ways with my friend Cory, whose wife Danie works in my office. Cory and I heard a commotion in the part of the beach that is shallow and roped off for kids and families to swim in. The lifeguards were using their bullhorns and the sirens built in. Later on, I heard there was a bear over there. I had to leave to come back and prepare for worship team practice, so I checked out the bear as I headed out. My roommate, Chris, had also ended up at the lake, and he said it just ran out of the bushes, past the bathroom, and towards the picnic table. In fact, it almost ran into his girlfriend. I looked over and saw a juvenile bear (not a cub, but not an old bear), standing on a table, just eating people's food. Soon, the lifeguard had everyone in the tree-covered area move toward the beach or into their cars. I went to the beach as the park ranger came in with what looked like a paintball gun. Sure enough, that's what it was! He shot the bear with 3 paintballs, which made it run off the table. The lifeguards used their bullhorn sirens to direct the fleeing bear, as the ranger chased it and continued to shoot it. It was wadico. I just thought of that word--imagine a little boy who can't say the letter "r" trying to say "radical." That's wadico.

I drove back to redding and ate and had worship team practice. That stuff isn't that interesting to speak of, but wow, a bear. Raccoon yesterday, bear today. What's next? maybe I'll see a hippo in it's native environment tomorrow. That would mean going to Africa. I don't even have a passport. I've never been out of the country. wadico.

Currently listening :
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
By U2
Release date: 23 November, 2004

No comments: