Tuesday, July 19, 2005

MySpace blog: MySpace: A place for friends and the deleting of many words.

I had just written a really long blog that was pretty well written, though not entirely interesting, when I hit some random combination of buttons that made my browser go back, causing me to lose all of my work (22 minutes of it).

I realized last night that I drink too much soda. This thing I speak of may be known to you as "pop" if you're from Washington or Oregon or some other place.

I didn't used to be such a heavy soda drinker. There was the time at the Korean Barbeque in Hawaii when I drank 88 ounces of Pepsi in one sitting. That was after eighth grade, when we visited my Grandma. Korean Barbeque is one of my favorite kinds of food, and it disappoints me that they aren't that commonly found on the mainland.

But, besides that event, I haven't been much of a carbonation-consumer. My mom (a dental assistant) has always gotten on my case about having too much soda (even though I was only drinking one or two a week in High School. That's about how much I drink during the school year here, too. However, the last few weeks, I've been having a soda a day. Add that to all of my Ice Cream, Jamba Juice, and In-N-Out shakes, and you have a lot of sugar.

Last night, I decided to relive the summer of 2001. The last couple months of school, I had stopped drinking soda, so my friend Tim and I decided to be soda-free. Our other friend, Clurie joined us, and soon Eric did too. Tim and I got Frozen Cokes when we all went to see Jurassic Park 3 after Youth Group on opening night, and Clurie and Eric said they had won, even though Tim and I started way before they did. It doesn't matter. The fact remains that I went about 4 months without carbonation. In fact, after the Frozen Coke, I think I was still soda-less (technically) for another month or so.

I already messed up.

Today, I was going back to my room during a fifteen minute break (the first one I've taken during my 2 and 1/2 months at this job) to get my Pringles and the book I'm now reading (The Elegant Universe). I knew it was around 110 degrees outside, so I got a soda at the coffee shop. I just forgot about the whole no-soft drinks deal. Dang it.

Ironically, the reason I let myself start drinking soda again was so that I'd have something to drink when I turned 21 and my friends were having alcohol. I'm turning 21 on Monday. At the time, I thought I would try to go my whole life without having any liquor. I don't feel that way anymore. Partly because I had a couple sips of Cognac in January, that we were using to make Tiramisu for my mom's birthday. Last week, I accidentally swallowed some mouthwash. I was scoping out my stomach. hyuk hyuk.

I was thinking earlier (the first time that I wrote this blog) that I have stopped writing about certain things that I used to write about a lot because they have become routine. While I still find worship leading interesting and fun, I don't write about it anymore. I was just a couple weeks ago. Yesterday, I went to the lake. I didn't write about it, because I've been to Whiskeytown or the creeks that feed into it 5 times in the last 10 days. I even saw another bear (it was probably the same one, actually), and I didn't write about it. It was in the same place more-or-less (probably the same bear), but it was around 9 PM, so the beach was closed, and most people were gone. Ike, Eric, and I approached it somewhat, and it started walking toward us as we left. It was limping. I was thinking about how cool it would be if you could just walk up to it and pet it. I like bears.

Things you should check out:
Emunah: I finally got the jacket I bought about 2 months ago. It took a long time, but it was worth it. And, I completley understand why a small clothing company would have problems sometimes.

Number One Gun: This CD is awrsome. I'm already on my 6th or 7th time through the CD (it came out today), besides the release show (which was the CD, as I already wrote about), and the e-card. If you heard their old stuff, it still sounds like them, but it's also more driving. It's been reccomended for fans of Jimmy Eat World. Also, it was produced by the same guy who produces Acceptance and Anberlin's CDs, so it sounds like those bands a little, although I think it's way better than those 2.

I worked on those links for awhile and they're jacked up.

P.S. I have 3906 blog views, so this one may put me over 4000!

P.P.S. I just saw that it's currently 56 degrees in Santa Rosa (11:53 PM). It's still 83 up here. blah. I'm glad I'm going home for a week next week.

Currently listening :
Promises for the Imperfect
By Number One Gun
Release date: 19 July, 2005

No comments: