I made some small, but significant changes to my profile. Search away.
2 nights ago I wanted to write a blog called "rockie raccoon." I had absolutely no reason to, but I had a desire to write a blog with that title. I had only seen 1 raccoon in my entire life (as far as I can remember)--at Alliance Redwoods the first year I went to camp (after 6th grade).
Just now, I was outside reading on my camp chair, and I came in to get some food. I went back out and came back in and went out a third time. A bunch of guys were standing around, and one of them, CJ, said something to me that I couldn't hear. I asked him what he said, and he told me there had just been a raccoon in my chair. I looked around the corner and saw it leaving. Needless to say, my camp chair will remain inside from now on, unless I am actively sitting in it (if it is possible to actively sit). I sprayed it with lysol first to keep the little raccoon germs off of me.
I believe in the sovereignty of God to the point where there cannot be coincidence. God allowed that thought of the raccoon to pop in my head the other night. I'm reading a book called That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis. Yeah, I know, I started it a long time ago, but I have been reading much less since this whole MySpace thing began taking my time and while it's not taking as much time as it used to, there are other things I've been doing recently. All that to say, I've been reading this book for 2 months, while I usually get through books in a day or a week. Anyway, one of the main characters, Jane Studdock, has a gift of prophetic dreaming. I was just reading a part that looks at Jane's character for an extended period when the raccoon incident happened. so it's either God reminding me of the reality of the prophetic or it's something I don't yet understand. Not coincidental.
I bought a lightweight backpack today with a hydration system built in (a camel pack) for hiking. It was $82, and although I'm getting paid in a couple days, I realize that my spending habits are not very good. I'm getting useful stuff, but I'm not going to be able to buy a computer at the end of the summer, most likely. I think I spent around $150 today on various things, and only around $15 was on food and $10 on gas.
I had to try my pack out, so I went with Eric to the waterfall we went to on Saturday (the one that we found, which is only a quarter mile hike or so) and we ate sandwiches that we had made earlier. We came back and walked around ShopKo and saw a talking deer head that Jordan had told me about. It sings too, like Billy the Big Mouth Bass, but a lot bigger and expensive ($129).
I want to take my roommate's airsoft gun and go shoot the raccoon. I may go buy myself some supplies and make a raccoon trap on the other side of the hedge right behind my room just to kill that nasty bandit. Probably was eating the crumbs off of my chair. I am such a germ freak that I am going to jump in the shower as soon as I hit "post." then I'll read some more in my camp chair, inside.
| Currently listening : Guero By Beck Release date: 29 March, 2005 |
No comments:
Post a Comment