Wednesday, July 27, 2005

MySpace blog: Laptops

I'm using my sister's computer right now, and since she uses internet explorer, it doesn't have the ad-blocking capabilities that firefox does. I'm not used to MySpace being in the redlight district.

I just attempted to buy a new computer, pretty much like my sisters' but a lot newer. I got some money to buy it, but my credit limit isn't high enough, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow, when I actually have the money in my bank account. Or I might use my parents' credit card so i don't have to use my bank card online, which I have never done, and I'd like to keep that precedent intact.

I'm not liking the whole laptop keyboard. It slows me down a lot, so I may keep using another keyboard, or I may attempt to write a lot before school starts on my laptop so I can use it to take notes. I'm sure I'll have plenty to write for (blogs), so that's a strong possibility.

Today I just sat around and watched dodgeball (the movie). I rolled out of bed around 2 PM. I ended up washing my truck and vacuuming it after the movie. Later, after dinner, my mom showed me a bunch of family heirlooms I'd never seen. My grandpa was Japanese, my Grandma is Chinese--we have some cool asian heirlooms. My Granddad is Russian/Italian/Georgian, and Granny's family has been in the US since Colonial times, so we have French, English, Scottish, Welsh, Scotch-Irish, Dutch, Hungarian, and more on that side. I really liked the Chinese and Russian stuff. Conveniently, all my grandparents were called different names by my siblings and me. Someday, I'd like to write books about the people in my family, but that will be after they are all gone. They'll be very interesting, because of the scandals in their stories, and I'll write them truthfully, but in a narrative way interesting to everyone. I've had this in mind since my sophomore year of HS, but it's more realistic, now that I'm writing all the time.

Here's the topical part of the blog.

I've known for awhile that I'm a "repressed clepto." Everytime I go into a store to buy something, I have an urge to steal it. I just realized that I may have blogged about this before. I'll stop and check. I can't find it, so maybe I'll just say it again. I skimmed all my blogs for the last month and a half. I'm going to sit down and read them all in order sometime soon.

Anyway, every time I'm going to buy something, I think of how easy and convenient it would be to not pay for it. Unless, of course, I'm buying a guitar or computer or something over $100 or so. Funny, I buy a lot of stuff over that plateau. Remember the days when $20 felt like a lot to spend. When I was cleaning my car today, I was reminded of my childhood in Hawaii, when my Grandma would pay me $20 to detail her car every Saturday. That was a lot of money for a kid, but she said, "I'd rather pay Joshua $20 than some guys I don't know, when he can do it just as well." I went by Joshua until I was in fifth grade, and all the California kids told me to go by "Josh."

So, stealing. I've never stolen anything, but I always want to. I guess it's not quite every time, but it is definitely every time I go shopping alone. If I'm in a store and "just looking," I never feel like stealing, but always feel like buying, so I buy a lot impulsively. My dad's home and he has a way bigger credit limit, so i'm going to buy myself a computer, I think.

check out this CD if you want worship music:

Currently listening :
Blessed Be Your Name the Songs of Matt Redman, Vol. 1
By Matt Redman
Release date: 19 July, 2005

No comments: