Thursday, July 07, 2005

cops abound!

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to today's meeting regarding things I want to talk about. Here are the items on our agenda this fine day:
1. Fireworks
2. Cops
3. Sunburns & Hair conditioner
4. Corpse in my bed
5. Funny dreams
6. Illegalize this!
As we begin, let's all keep in mind the financial benefits we all have if you pay attention closely. That's right, your productivity will be lowered as you ponder the things I have to say.

1. Fireworks
Fireworks are interesting because of the flashing lights. They're interesting because of the loud boom. Wow! Look what some guy in a factory made! You know what I think? People like fireworks for the right reasons. The beauty in light and sound is astonishing. But, there is a much more powerful version of this beauty that man cannot capture, much less reproduce. Lightning. Sure, we can replicate it, but not reproduce. There is so much power in a single lightning bolt. We can't control it or predict it's exact location. So, fireworks are designed to stir the same feelings in us as lighting. feelings of smallness. the feeling that there's something bigger than us out there.

(ugh. my arrow keys, home, end, page down, etc. are not working)

2. Cops
I just was at Starbucks with Eric and Rachael, and there were 4 police cars there. One guy was detained because he has been banned from starbucks due to his tendency to have loud outbursts--a result of a head injury. He didn't really do anything wrong besides show up in a place he has been banned. A couple girls were being interviewed, then one was administered a breathalyzer. One guy was peeing on a hill next to Work World, just as a cop drove in. He got arrested. Probably, he just would have been cited for indecent exposure, but he had an attitude or was drunk, or was wanted for something else.

3. Sunburns & Hair Conditioner
My back itches, for it is sunburned. Yet, my face only began to itch approximately thirty minutes ago. I believe that my face was burned this afternoon, while my back was burned on our day of Independence. However, I cannot be sure. In addition, I cannot be sure if my hair conditioner is the cause of my past itchiness in the region of my head. I used some of it tonight after immersing myself in a chlorinated pool, and found my head slightly irritated after washing. Nevertheless, I cannot be sure of this observation; I can be sure, though, that this paragraph makes up for all my blogging by using phrases and words that I use frequently in formal papers, but not for blogs, usually.

4. Corpse in my bed
When I got back from Starbucks at midnight, I walked in my room, and looked at my bed, and I saw a body in it. Just a pale face on black sheets. I freaked out--I thought there was a dead guy in it. A few seconds later, I realized that it was just Chris, my roommate, and that we had switched bunks earlier in the day. But I was terrified for a few seconds.

5. Funny dreams
A few days ago (about a week?), I wrote a blog called "Strange and Funny Dreams," and tonight we listened to the first Andy Hunter CD on the way to and from Starbucks, which includes the song "Strange and Funny Dreams." We listened to that song on the way back. As we walked from the car back to our rooms, Rachael and I talked about how cool it would be to have hilarious dreams that just made you laugh and laugh. Imagine a dream where the whole thing is of being tickled. It might be creepy, because you're either being tickled by someone you can't see, or by someone you don't know, or by someone you do know, and then you'd be scared of them. Maybe you could have a dream in which there is a stand-up comedian telling jokes that make you laugh endlessly. Or maybe it's something completely normal or sad or enraging in real life, but since you're asleep, you laugh. Trevor wrote a blog that Tucker (his roommate and my suitemate) was laughing hysterically a few weeks ago in his sleep. If he remembers why he was laughing, I'm envious.
6. Illegalize this!
One thing we discussed at Starbucks was whether or not the word "illegalize" is actually a word. If not, it definitely should be. Then, I would tattoo "illegalize this!" on my rear end, and go pee on hills in public places, which would in turn lead to my citation for indecent exposure.

I guess I should recapitulate our topics for the meeting.
Cops, illegalize this:
Fireworks and Corpse in my bed with sunburns and hair conditioner.
Funny Dreams.

I bet when I wake up tomorrow that I fall out of bed, because I forget I'm on the top bunk for the first time in over a year. That's going to hurt. Especially, since I'm likely to land on my sunburn. Well, I'm sure it will have happened before most of you read this.

Right after I posted this, I downloaded the new Switchfoot song "Stars" off of iTunes. It's out, so all you switchfoot fans now know. Eric and I got it on video almost a year ago (last august) and the song sounds nearly the same, but I did like it better live. I don't like the way he pronounces the word "stars" on the CD, but it's a good song with really good lyrics for the whole world to hear. No, I do not have the whole CD already (it doesn't come out till September, despite the thing next to the picture). It's just that they don't have a picture for the single yet.

Currently listening :
Nothing Is Sound
By Switchfoot
Release date: 16 August, 2005

No comments: